Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rutland Water

Out for one of the first times this year, to Rutland Water, primarily to get a few new bird images and to check on summer migrants. The first Osprey of the year had, by chance, arrived just a couple of hours earlier and was giving reasonable views although it was mobile. A couple of Little Ring Plovers were on Lagoon 4 as were a drake and a redhead Smew. There were plenty of Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps singing but there was no sign of any hirundines. A Raven flying over the car-park was a Rutland tick for me.
I spent most of my time mucking about with my camera settings trying to make the most of the limited photographic opportunities. I ended up by overexposing shots to get some consistency, burnt-out backgrounds and more artistic interpretations of a few common species.

Black-headed Gull

Cormorant

Great Crested Grebe

Greylag Geese

Mute Swan

1 comment:

  1. I'm very stupid, I thought the greylag was flying over its own reflection at low level for a second. Dozey boy! Love the black headed gill shot...

    ReplyDelete